- This event has passed.
Masterclass – App Development for Small Businesses
November 6, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
People worldwide use smartphones and tablets to organise their lives, something the world of business knows all too well. Each device is a potential point of sale and every user a potential customer. Creating innovative apps that allow users effortless access to goods or services has become a source of growth for businesses who can identify and act upon opportunities to reach their market through the technology already in the hands of millions.
This Masterclass will focus on how to think creatively to identify the solutions and innovations that will provide a business with new opportunities. The design process will be broken down, showing how apps themselves get from the drawing board to the app store and all in between.
Attendees, interested in developing their own apps, will expand their knowledge and skill set to enable them to take the initial steps in creating apps of their own.
What attendees will take away from the class:
- An insight into the development process with examples from a live project. Get the full picture of a developers work and learn how to engage effectively with them on projects.
- Knowledge of good practice in software design. Learn how to find the right aesthetic for an app to better suit its purpose and its users.
- Experience design insight, see how user interaction with software is planned and executed to provide a smooth user experience.
- An understanding of the fundamental languages that go into app development.
- Understand the technical requirements it takes to build an app.
Who should attend?
- Business Owners, Managers and Entrepreneurs who want help in identifying the mobile software innovation that will expand their business.
- Developers and Programmers who are interested in expanding their skillset and pursuing app development professionally.
- Students and Graduates who want to learn about the professional requirements facing developers or who wish to start on their own development projects.