- This event has passed.
Data, Technology, and FMCG Sector
March 25, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Hear from leading industry experts and current disruptors on the future trends & innovations driving competitive edge in the FMCG sector.
This is a rare opportunity to hear from leading industry experts and current disruptors on the future trends and applied innovations that are driving meaningful tangible value and competitive edge in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Sector.
The FMCG sector has been disrupted like never before over the last twelve months; major changes in trading structures and legislation impacting on production and manufacturing methods, shaping new shopping habits and influencing how businesses get their goods and services to the consumer and end users.
However, this has provided opportunities for innovators to adapt, revolutionise and reimagine thinking along the entire retail journey, be that using digital technology or the application of data driven technology to explore novel ways to engage and influence consumers in the purchasing process.
Innovation Factory is very excited to be partnering with Mintel, Henderson Technology and two of their customers Uber Eats and GetSociable to provide analysis, critical recommendations and show how us how they are using technology and data to develop their business models to maintain a competitive edge.
Compered by Mike Mullan, the day will feature:
Ascending Knowledge Keynote: Mintel Online & Mobile Retailing Report 2021 – Brian O’Connor, Mintel Ireland’s Senior Consumer Analyst presents key findings from their latest report including exclusive consumer data, insights from influential trade members and the central issues affecting the FMCG Sector.
Innovation in Practice – Technology & Innovation in Changing Times – Darren Nickels from Henderson Technology takes us through how his organisation is using technology to balance customer expectation and retail need.
Growing Uber Eats in Northern Ireland – Jordan Willis, Territory Manager for Uber Eats in Northern Ireland will tell us how they are going to grow their food delivery business in Northern Ireland and provide insights into their strategy shift brought about by the pandemic.
Case Study – My Journey –Peter McCleery from GetSociable talks about the development of a tech platform created to empower businesses operating in the hospitality industry to optimise engagement with consumers to drive customer acquisition and retention.
Q& A session coordinated by Mike Mullan giving attendees the opportunity to ask our speakers questions .
Attend the event to:
- Gain insight into opportunities, understand the key issues and consumer trends affecting the FMCG sector
- Challenge your thinking by providing fresh new perspectives that energise your thought process
- Understand how the sector is being influenced digitally through the emergence of new technology
- Spark inspiration to adapt your business to create sustainable and competitive advantage to help your business grow
- Hear real life examples of businesses who are currently employing new technology to disrupt the market.
Book your free space now on Eventbrite!
About the Speakers
- Mike Mullan – Mike has over 25 years’ experience of the N Ireland food industry and prior to his return to Moy Park he was HR and Corporate Change Director with Dale Farm, the leading N Ireland based UK dairy foods business. In 2015 Mike was named UK Director of the Year for Leadership in Corporate Responsibility by the IOD and in 2017 he was named HR Director of the Year by NI CIPD.
- Brian O’Connor (Ireland’s Senior Consumer Analyst and Research Production Manager, Mintel) – Holding a BSc Hons degree in Marketing with a Diploma in Industrial Studies, Brian has worked for Mintel Ireland since 2007 and has strong experience in all major consumer markets. Brian is tasked with overseeing the publication of Mintel Ireland’s report range, while also responsible for financial reports.
- Darren Nickels (OperationsDirector, Henderson Technology) – Darren has over 20 years’ experience at the cutting edge of technology and is the Operations Director for Henderson Technology. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience of what is happening in C-store sector in Northern Ireland and beyond.
- Jordan Willis (Territory Manager, Northern Ireland, Uber Eats) – Jordan having recently completed a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) has extensive experience in sales, project and business management. Uber’s mission is to create opportunity through movement, more than 15 billion trips later, they are building products to get you closer to where you want to be. By changing how people, food, and things move through cities.
- Peter McCleery (CEO, GetSociable) – Peter is the CEO of the Hospitality Payment and Rewards Platform ‘GetSociable’, a start-up based in Belfast and is passionate about customer experience and constantly seeking to bring real tangible benefits to users through the application of the right digital technologies. His career before this has focused on leading IT Delivery Programmes across multiple sectors and geographies.