Masterclass: Product Design and Prototyping
February 1 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Strategic product design is key to delivering a product that is superior to competitors or is better than what is currently available in terms of market appeal and performance.
Through focusing on the aesthetics of a product, its functions and performance a business can drive new product development with the ultimate outcome of creating compelling, customer focused product solutions.
Good product design and prototyping also serves technical purposes such as documentation for production, new technologies, or Intellectual Property.
This masterclass will focus on the following areas of product development and prototyping:
- Establishing a design brief
- Engaging a product designer
- Identifying your project stakeholders
- The product design process and points to consider for implementation
- Engaging with a tool maker and establishing production manufacturing
- Correctly choosing tooling
- Prototype tooling, the pros and cons
- Process of production manufacturing
- What is additive manufacturing
- What technologies are available
- 3d printing
Events run by experts
Damian McElroy – Belfast Metropolitan College
Damian is a product design specialist with years of experience in product design and prototyping. As a product design mentor at Belfast Metropolitan College he has advised a diverse array of technical industry projects to develop new and improved products.